Thursday, October 3, 2013

Busy Day

Hello. This is The Daily Bone, and I’m your doggie host Chester L. W. Spaniel, chairman of the Squeaky Party.

Yesterday was a busy day for me and my stalwart associate Joseph (Joey dog) Spaniel. It started with a car trip (yes, we shivered and cowered the whole way) to the vet to see Miss Jacquie for our routine bath and buzz cut. In addition to that Joey dog needed his ears checked by the vet. Oh, and I lost two pounds since the last time I was there. Well, we survived, and I must say, we’re looking a lot more dapper and streamlined now. Thanks Miss Jacquie!

But upon returning home, there was little time to rest. I was immediately recruited to try to convince the crazy red cardinal to stop bashing himself against our windows before he hurts himself. I decided a barking campaign would be the appropriate deterrent, even though I have been taught not to bark at the nice birdies. I’ll let you know if it was successful.

Hello! Anybody home? Let me in! Let me in!

Bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark!

Meanwhile, our humans left to make a trip to the planet where our favorite small human lives. Joey dog and I took a well deserved nap whilst eagerly awaiting a squeaky toy report and photographs from Ryan’s high tech world. We were not disappointed. Apparently he has yet another new intergalactic space pod especially designed for his sitting comfort while eating yum yum baby food. Check out the futuristic safety belts. The food he ate comes in special plastic containers, just like the astronauts eat. What did he have for dinner, you might ask? Why pears of course! Joey dog says he would be glad to clean those containers when Ryan is done with them.

Greetings again, Earthdoggies.

Then Ryan demonstrated his new control panel from which he navigates the universe, checks his squeaky toy inventory, and generates secret musical, squeaky communication codes. Wow! Maybe I can get one of those and send messages back to him. Or maybe, I might be tempted to actually jump in the car and make the perilous journey to his home planet just to see all his wonderful squeaky toys! Hopefully he’ll come visit us soon so we doggies can help him with his four legged locomotion techniques that we heard he was attempting. There are some epic dust bunnies under the couch he might be interested in exploring.


Too tired to say more now. Good night.

Snoooooooooork

No comments:

Post a Comment