Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Squirrel Appreciation Day?

Hello ladies and gentlemen, and doggies. This is The Daily Bone and I'm your humble doggie host Chester L. W. Spaniel.

You're kidding, right?

It has come to my attention that today is National Squirrel Appreciation Day. My esteemed colleague Joseph (Joey dog) Spaniel and I thought about this for a while, with very mixed feelings: surprise, appall, derision, shock, um … I'm going to have to study my thesaurus for a long time to describe all the feelings we experienced upon discovering this holiday. 

Squirrels! Those nut-brained fustilarians. Bleah!

Furthermore, we kept a close eye out for the Evil Squirrel Cartel all this entire cold day, but they did not show up. Perhaps they were all attending the Squirrel Appreciation Luncheon somewhere, or else were at the yard of whomever put the most birdseed in their bird feeders today. Shoot! We really hoped they would show up and join us for dinner in honor of this auspicious occasion!

What's for dinner again? Smells delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment