Saturday, March 29, 2014

Another Storm!

We interrupt your regularly scheduled program to bring you an important service announcement. I’m your doggie weather reporter Chester L. W. Spaniel.

Although it is supposed to be getting warmer—hello, it’s Spring now—we suddenly heard the ominous sound of sleet pounding down on the roof of our house. My concerned associate Joseph (Joey dog) Spaniel and I ran out to investigate. In a matter of ten minutes, the ground became covered with little ice pellets. Joey dog, who is now twelve years old, remembered that this type of precipitation can be a very bad thing. It tends to cling to things, like tree branches and electric wires, and builds up until it gets very heavy. When this happens, power lines break, tree branches come crashing down, and the electricity goes out.


We continued to closely monitor the weather all evening, and the freezing rain kept falling. I went out after dark, to check on things, but was distracted by the scent of a mousie under the lavender. It wouldn’t be the first time I found a mousie in this area. They usually creep along the side of the house in order to get to the bird seeds that fall out of the feeder in the dining room window.

I know you’re in there Mr. Mousie. Come out, come out! 

I can smell his foot prints! Bark bark bark bark bark. 

Bark bark bark bark bark! I'll bark all night if I have to!

My human got rather impatient with me because I wouldn’t come in out of the terrible weather. If it wasn’t for my water resistant cocker spaniel coat, I’d be soaking wet right now. I grudgingly came back into the house. I am now taking my rest on the chair in my human’s office.

Mousie, grumble grumble grumble … harumph 

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. It’s still raining and icy outside. I heard fire truck sirens go by on the main road, probably to rescue someone whose car slid off the road because of the icy conditions. I will be sure to keep you posted on the developing weather … um, impending disaster … um, important news bulletin freezing rainy … storm warning … 

Snnnooorrrrrrrrrrrk. 

Weather Update: 10:30 PM 

This is your humble doggie storm watcher Chester L. W. Spaniel with an up-to-the-minute report on our delightful Spring weather. Wow! Look what happened while I was taking a short nap! It's snowing and blowing like crazy. Hooray! 



No comments:

Post a Comment