Thursday, May 1, 2014

Review of Proper Squeaky Toy Procedures

Hello squeaky toy fans. This is The Daily Bone and I’m your humble doggie reporter Chester L. W. Spaniel. As my regular readers and fans know, I am the chairman of the Squeaky Party, where our belief is that everybody should have a squeaky toy, because squeaky toys are the key to world peace.

This week one of my favorite comic strip doggies, Roscoe from “Pickles,” received a brand new squeaky toy. His human is shocked to come home and find the squeaky toy torn to shreds. A number of comments were made about Roscoe and his behavior with said squeaky toy. I have written about the appropriate care and handling of squeaky toys many times on The Daily Bone. See “Proper Squeaky Toy Management,” posted on October 26, 2013, and “More Squeaky Toy Theory and Discussion,” posted on October 27, 2013. You will see that Roscoe followed correct squeaky toy procedure upon receipt of his new squeaky toy. I will now review this subject and I suggest that doggie owners take notice. If I may direct your attention to the following photographs, please.


Here are a couple examples of my cherished squeaky toys. As you can see, one of them is a plush, stuffed toy shaped in the image of a squirrel, similar to the one Roscoe just received. The stuffing and the squeaker device have been removed, chewed up and then discarded. The plush fabric has also been extensively chewed on, and now has a lovely, ratty texture. Although a human might think this toy is a disgusting mess, to a doggie, it is in excellent condition and perfect for years of squeaky toy enjoyment. The other toy is a flexible, hollow plastic model with squeaky device embedded in the surface material. This type of toy is also in excellent condition, and is wonderful for chewing. The problem with this type of toy is that once enough pieces have been removed, there is nothing left of it. If you’ll excuse me now, I need to return these precious squeaky toys to my storage facility for safe keeping. 



Ah, safe and sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment