Thursday, June 19, 2014

Family Time

Hi! This is The Daily Bone and I’m your happy doggie host Chester L. W. Spaniel along with my glad colleague Joseph (Joey dog) Spaniel.


Our favorite human has traveled all the way from Florida to visit us for a week! Hooray! She flew on an airplane like the one in the picture below. (Airplanes fly over our house all the time.)  


We had some good family together time. 


There was a fire in the back yard. (We doggies always stay far away from anything to do with fire.) 

We looked at some old photographs. 

Charisma, Joey, and Ginger.

Joey as a puppy. 

Me as a puppy.

3:20 PM. This just in:

We interrupt your regularly scheduled program to bring you this fast breaking news report. I just came within inches of capturing a chipmunk! I had thought the new wood pile made of shortened logs would not be a good chipmunk abode. But it seems that the housing market has become so difficult around here that they are seriously considering living in these miniature studio apartments. I had one trapped inside its new digs. My human started removing logs, one by one. I helped move some of the smaller ones myself! We could see the chipmunk's furry, striped back and heard it squeaking. I got close enough to smell its farts!




(Sorry the photos aren't so good in the dappled sunlight here.) At the last possible moment, it made a daring dash out the side of the pile and through the fence. Drat! Perhaps my fellow canine homeland security expert Joey dog will help with the next incursion. We'll have to work out some battle plans. I will keep you updated on this story as it unfolds. We now return you to your program already in progress. 

4 comments:

  1. Oh we Beaglebratz wish we had bin there with u at the chipmunk apartmentz. We ain't never seen a chipmunk b-4 - r they sum kind of squirrelie or tree-rat? We love your box pic - what a sweet pic. We love vizitorz - never know what kind of foodablez or other nommiez they mite bring with'em.
    Shiloh'n Diva Shasta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go on almost gettin dat chipmunk - woulda loved to been there to help ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMD so near yet so far. Battle plans at the ready and good luck next time. We are so on the edge of our basket waiting for the next instalment of Studio Apartment Eviction. Have a fabulous Friday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. You nearly got him, aye? I'm going to have another go at getting those chooks tomorrow. Wish me luck??

    ReplyDelete