Wednesday, November 5, 2014

TDB Florida Edition Part 4

Good morning. This is The Daily Bone Florida Edition and I’m your charismatic doggie guest correspondent Miss Charlee Puppy.


I hope you’re enjoying the Florida edition of TDB so far. I'm inordinately happy to have been given this marvelous opportunity to develop my journalistic skills from my erudite associates Chester L. W. Spaniel and Joseph (Joey dog) Spaniel. Plus I’m learning a lot of big new words since Chester taught me how to use the thesaurus.

I just realized that you’d probably like to know a bit more about me. I was adopted as a puppy from a shelter, and might not be alive today if it wasn’t for my wonderful humans, Jessy and Dan, who wanted a doggie that reminded them of their beloved and recently deceased doggie Professor Braydie Spiker. They specifically wanted a yellow lab with a pink nose. Well, I’m not a pure breed. In fact, I just might have a bit of Rhodesian ridgeback in my genetic make-up. But they’re OK with that. Nobody knows my exact date of birth, but I am about one year old now.

My toys

When I first arrived at my forever home, I didn’t even know how to play with toys. I now have an extensive collection of squeaky toys which I’m sure even my eminent colleague Chester would be envious of. I still have a habit of hiding some of my doggie food just in case another doggie might steal it, or else I might not get any more for a long time, neither of which is going to happen here at home. But, you know, habits are hard to break.


I share my home with my venerable associate, Emeritus Professor Lane Cat, who is wise and ancient, and not particularly interested in romping around.

Jessy’s birdies live in a room of their own that neither Lane nor I are allowed in without supervision. The birdies can be very noisy at times. They're also messy. Fortunately I like to pick up some of the more choice menu items that the birdies drop on the floor. As you can see, they too have a prodigious number of toys. My respectable (pundit, big cheese, head honcho, smarty-pants—hey this thesaurus thing is kind of fun!—big wig, hot shot, big enchilada, supercilious blatherskite, etc.) Chester would be drooling over these too!


But enough about me! I said I would chronicle Chester and Joey’s Mom and Dad’s adventures in Florida. I won’t bore you with a play by play account, so here are a few random photos:

Big tree
Alligator (Elvis 3rd.))
Downtown Boca Raton
Ibis
Florida sunset
What the heck is a blatherskite?

8 comments:

  1. An Ibis, you got to see a real live Ibis !!! How cool is that !!!
    Blatherskite, no idea, must be a spelling mistake !
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool. We never saw none of that
    Snorts,
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  3. excellent reporting....we sure hope they kept a safe distance from that alligator

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that is some collection of toys. OMD stay away from gator. Have a wonderful Wednesday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an excellent article Charlee! We just love your excellent use of vocabulary!!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  6. WEll Done Miss Charlee. that Alligator SCARED us... butt the REST was SUPER...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool stuff! Stay away from da gators.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are so happy that you have the most loving forever home now, Miss Charlee, and look at all of those fun toys! We hope you're tossing them around daily!
    That's alligator looks superscary!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete