Thursday, April 26, 2018

A Few Flowers

Hello everyone. This is The Daily Bone and I'm your optimistic doggie reporter 
Chester L. W. Spaniel. 


After a few days of warmer weather, we finally have a few flowers to show you today. Hopefully there will be more of them by next week.



I hesitate to get too excited about that, since the local weatherman says it might snow yet again this coming Sunday. My ghostwriter says two things about this: on one hand, it's good that it doesn't warm up too soon in the season. Otherwise the fruit trees might bloom too early and then get a frost. That could ruin the entire crop!


But on the other hand, we're sooooo tired of cold weather!


She also says the weather is something everybody talks about, but nobody does anything about. 



The Barn

Therefore I will now change the subject.

FOOD!
I haven't done a food report in ages. My esteemed and late associate Joseph (Joey dog) Spaniel*, Doggie Chief Inspector, comestibles division, and founder of the Yum Yum Coalition, would be very disappointed. I hope he doesn't think I've been derelict in my food watching duties. I still closely watch my humans eat their meals, and always get to sample the food.

Bratwurst, parsley potatoes, and asparagus. Yum!

Roast beef with gravy, mashed potatoes, and green beans.

Here is a concoction my ghostwriter invented. She took some left-over roast beef, left-over green beans, and left-over mashed potatoes, piled it all in a dish, poured left-over gravy over it, and topped it with frozen biscuits. This whole mess went into the oven for about 30 minutes or so. It turned out great!


Spaghetti, sausage, and steamed asparagus.

Rotisserie chicken, green beans, fresh bread and butter.

THE KIDS
My favorite miniature humans have hit a few milestones lately.
Little Lily is learning to smile.


Ryan has lost his first baby tooth!


Hooray!

CATS
Here are a few pictures of my kitty cat cousins:

Hannibal

Tiberius

Pixie

AMAZING SUNSET!



MOON RISE!


Can I go out and howl at the moon now?


There's a little lady across the Pond who is probably wondering why I haven't called her on the moon phone in such a long time. I swear, I couldn't find the moon because of all the clouds lately!

My dearest Princess Leah









*We thought it might be nice to go back a couple years and take a look at a really good post by the late, great Joey dog. Here's the link: saturday-with-joey-dog


(We still miss you every single day!)

14 comments:

  1. Our weather changes by the day too. BUT no snow here:) Just rain and mud followed by sunshine. We have had a few good days this week despite yesterday's wetness. The spring flowers are so pretty. Little Lily has a sweet smile, and we hope the tooth Fairy was good to Ryan.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope Spring gits where y'all are and stays sometime soon... we's no fan of cold weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I miss Joey Dog too {{hugs}}} Nows abouts those foodables....YUMMERS! Though, I thinks your peeps are a little stingy with the asparagus....Oh, and I hopes you guys gets some Spring weather soon...this week we got some (down from Summer weather last week). It sure seems to go from Winter to Summer the last decade or so, hmmm
    Anyhu, I just knows that PL will loves it when you bark with her under the moon tonights!♥
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for flowers!! Hopefully your weather will even out soon!
    xoxo,
    Jakey, Arty & Rosy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your flowers are pretty and I can't believe you might get more snow! I'm glad the little humans are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our daffs are all so pretty right now.We have all yellow ones, and yours are nicely bicolored!
    Hope we and you do not get more snow...we are done with snow...its so yesterday, BOL!

    Yummy noms, it makes me hungry!

    Nice to see other members of your furmily, Chester, the unfurs and the furry ones!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your spring blooms are so pretty and little Lily is so adorable and the foodables..........yummmmmmmm What a fun-filled post, Chester!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was quite a full report Chester. Your flowers are just a little ahead of ours. Maybe in a few days we will see some of our daffodils blooming.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are really enjoying our spring weather but yes we probably have not heard the last of winter. Last year on this day we had quite a snow storm
    hugs
    Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chester what a fun packed post covering all bases. Those little humans are ADORABLE.
    Thank goodness spring has sprung in your neck of the woods
    My Dad has been celebrating his bday all day so far. My peeps had their BFFF's over for lunch and ice cream cake....and they just left at 2 we are behind
    Hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  11. We think your gal pal can hear you howling across the pond♥♥
    Hang on Chester, sunshine is headed your way!

    Wyatt and Tegan

    ReplyDelete
  12. We are so happy you got flowers. They look beautifiul. We are praying for no snow.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yap, we're so tired of chilly weather, too! We really need nice sunny weather soon. Oh Chester, that is an excellent FOOD report. Joey Dog must be very proud of you. :) :)

    Momo & Pinot

    ReplyDelete